Associate Professor (ORCID)
Indiana University (IU)
phone: +1 812 856-5094 (or via Skype, Google Hangouts, Zoom)
email: dcavar at the domain where we all are, here at IU (iu.edu)
Indiana University, Department of Linguistics, Ballantine Hall, Room 814, 1020 E. Kirkwood Ave., Bloomington, IN 47405, USA.
- Invited Speaker at the 3rd Asian Conference on Artificial Intelligence Technology (ACAIT 2019), July 5-7, 2019, Chongqing, China.
- Python module now available: Py-JSON-NLP
- talk 03/22/19 - 10AM, Luddy 1106: Deep and Broad NLP for Big Data and Knowledge Graph Generation
- paper on "Measuring Lexical Semantic Variation using Word Embeddings" as a short book chapter on measuring the distributional semantics of context similarities between aparent cognates in Bosnian, Croatian, Serbian, Serbo-Croatian using the Facebook FastText word embeddings and vector models, see publications section.
- paper with Elain Monaghan (IU Media School, Journalism) on "Mapping News Article Content to Knowledge and Event Graph Representations for Validation and Reasoning" at "Media Ethics: Human Ecology in a Connected World" 20th annual convention of the Media Ecology Association, Toronto.
- NLP-lab "HooSIER Semantic Information ExtractoR" (HooSIER) System, Knowledge Graph generation using deep NLP and AI
- NLP-lab JSON-NLP Schema, specification and example code, building an NLP Middleware